Who doesn’t want a homemade Funfetti cake with radiant sprinkles on their birthday? A lot of people, that’s for sure! Funfetti or confetti cakes are perfect if you are celebrating your little ones birthday. It can also be made for weddings and as colourful cupcakes. This playful and delicious cake is an overall favourite when it comes to kids and grown-ups. And what’s even better is that it is gluten free so everyone can have it. Pick up your spatula and toppings (colourful sprinklers are apt) and get ready to bake this delicious cake!
Ingredients for the cake:
- Four cups of gluten-free flour
- One teaspoon baking powder
- Two cups of butter
- Seven eggs (medium or small sized)
- Two cups of granulated sugar
Materials for the vanilla buttercream:
- Two cups butter
- Four cups icing sugar
- Food colour/Turquoise gel
- Vanilla extract
- Rainbow sprinkles or any other colourful sprinkles
How to make this colourful and delightful cake: -
- This one step is always mentioned when you bake cakes – preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Mix together butter and sugar until it becomes creamy. Use a mixer for this. Now, slowly add flour, baking powder and one egg at a time. Keep mixing until the paste is fine.
- Take the bowl of the batter from the mixer and add in some colourful sprinkles in it and mix it with a spatula gently.
- Grease three round cake tins and evenly divide the batter in each of them. Make sure you divide it equally and properly. If you want, you can use only two tins too. But you need an extra layer!
- Bake all three or two layers for approx. 30 to 40 minutes until you notice a light golden brown layer on top. You can test if the cake is ready by inserting a thin knife in the middle and if it comes out clean then your cake is ready.
- Once you remove it off the oven, leave it on the side to cool while you prepare the buttercream.
- Take the butter and put cream in a mixer container and whisk it on high speed.
- When you notice that the paste is forming into a nice texture, add icing or powdered sugar slowly at a time. Once you have mixed it well, always taste the batter to see if there isn’t too much sugar in it. Because the cake too contains sugar and you don’t want the overall result to be too sweet. That’s why we suggest, you put little sugar first and taste and then gradually add the rest that is needed. You can keep this batter a little less sweet too.
- Add in the vanilla extract with some food colour if required. If not then avoid the food colour. Keep mixing this well.
- Once your cakes have cooled off, you can fill the buttercream coating in between the two and cover with the leftover cream. Once done with the topmost layer, put some colourful sprinkles on top of the cake and your rainbow cake is ready!
You can send delicious cakes for delivery too. So start baking this rainbow cake!