This cookie and cream birthday cake will surprise and make anyone happy. Filled with Oreos and chocolates, this year go unique when giving birthday gifts to your loved ones. You can send this cake via birthday cake delivery services across cities. Without further delay, read on to know how to make this amazing cake!
Items you require for the sponges:-
- 300 ml of vegetable oil
- 400 grams of all-purpose flour
- 130 grams of cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon of baking powder
- 2 teaspoon of bicarbonate soda
- 560 grams of brown sugar
- 400 ml of buttermilk
- 200 ml of espresso powder
- 2 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 4 eggs
For the icing: –
- 250 grams of salted butter
- 600 grams of icing sugar
- 280 grams of cream cheese
- 2 teaspoon vanilla essence or extract
- 10 to 12 Oreo biscuits
For the topping:-
- Oreo biscuits or any other chocolate cookies you like
- Thin wooden needles
- 100 grams of white chocolates
- Fondant icing (coloured) and an icing pen
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Now grease two baking tins with baking sheets or you can use vegetable oil or butter.
3. In a large bowl, mix in half of all these ingredients – flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda (1 spoon), and sugar. Now mix it well until it blends together. You can add a pinch of salt for taste.
4. Take 200 ml of buttermilk, 100 ml of espresso powder, 150 ml of vegetable oil and one spoon of vanilla in another container. Add 2 eggs to this and whisk until the mix is smooth and nice. Put this mix in the dry ingredients and combine it well. Now put this cake mix into the two tins equally and bake it for 25 to 30 minutes.
5. Repeat the steps to get another 2 sponge cakes. In total, you need 4 chocolate sponge cakes to complete this cake.
6. Moving on to the icing, take a large bowl and sieve half the icing sugar and put butter and mix. Add cream cheese and keep mixing this together. Once it has blended well, leave it aside. Take the Oreo biscuits and make it into fine crumbs in a food processor. Put these crumbs in the icing and keep stirring until it combines really well.
6. Next, move to the cookie cake toppers. You need one Oreo or cookie biscuit for each letter you want to write on the cake. So, carefully insert the skewer/needle into the creamy filling in the middle of every Oreo. Melt the chocolate in the microwave and stir it after every 20 seconds. Spread a little of the chocolate on the surface of one side of each cookie. Now roll out the fondant icing and cut out the letters. Stick these on the biscuits and let them dry. Let the chocolate dry too and by using an icing pen, write the name on the surface carefully.
7. Assemble the cake by sticking one of the sponges to the cake stand or a board or plate with a little cream cheese icing in between. Leave a little for the top. Put the layers of each cake slowly and let them stick with the help of the cream.
8. You can use any dry ingredients like chocolate chips, nuts or leftover Oreo crumbs on the top and let the cake settle down.
It might sound like a tedious task to make this cake, but once you try it, you will realise how easy it is. All you need is proper ingredients and a little time.