Flowers charm everyone! In addition to adding fragrance to our lives, they also cheer us up with exquisite colours they possess. And what more would you need when you have a dozen different flowers in a bouquet! Flowers are deemed to be the best gifts one can offer. They are simple as gifts yet have a profound impact. Last year, I did a birthday cake delivery in Cardiff UK for one of my cousins and added one of my hand-made flower bouquets along with it and she was delighted. It really feels good when you make someone happy.
Have you ever tried making a flower bouquet yourself? If you have not, you will end up learning to make one. If you have already tried your hand in making a bouquet, you will learn a new procedure here, so read on.
Before we go on to make a bouquet, the first thing one needs to be sure of is obtaining the flowers. Generally, you can get the flowers from –
The flower market
- Online florists or wholesalers
- Grocery stores
- Yours or your neighbour’s garden if there’s is an option.
You would agree that doing a bouquet yourself does not save your day and it is not much cheaper either. It just gives you a feeling of containment of having made something with your own hands for your dear ones.
At times when you want to make a big bouquet, making one yourself is a better option. This is because a florist will charge a lot of money as service charges in addition to the charges for sourcing the flowers.
Another important thing to keep in mind while making a bouquet is that you should always look for seasonal flowers. Doing this keeps you in budget. Because the seasonal flowers are readily available in the seasons they are meant for and are very cheap during these times.
Now let us go through the steps to prepare the bouquet:
- Remove all the foliage from the stems, remove thorns from roses, and prep up the flowers before using them.
Also, trim the stems to make all of the stems of approximately same length.
- Create the base of the bouquet by choosing about four flowers and bunch them and wrap their stems with floral tape. You will now have to make your bouquet by ‘weaving’ the flowers around these four flowers.
- Add flowers of different colours and textures around these flowers and also add green leaves and accessories keeping the size of your bouquet in mind. While adding flowers make sure to wrap the floral tapes to the stem.
- Add a bouquet wrap by using white ribbon. Pin the ribbon in parallel with the floral tape and conceal it.
- Once all the floral tapes are concealed, behold! What you have in your hand now is a bouquet.
That is all. Isn’t it real simple to make a flower bouquet?